What is Cooking in the Kitchen, Luxury Kitchen TrendsJanuary 25, 2013
When we reminisce about childhood, or the holidays, we often envision ourselves in a warm kitchen. Dining is a focal point of our day and a well designed kitchen can add to the value of a home or condominium. Gone are the days of a Formica counter top and linoleum! Modern luxury buyers are overwhelmingly interested in stainless steel and granite, however not all upgrades require a high ticket price, there are certain upgrades that are simple and easy. Here are some tips for upgrading your kitchen that attract the right buyer, modernize your dining areas, and increase value of your home!
- Solid Wood Cabinets: Wood Cabinetry adds warmth to stainless steel appliances and creates depth in any environment.
- Granite Counter Tops: Both designers and chefs alike love granite due to the ease of cleaning and the sleek look.
- Fresh Coat of Neutral Paint: This is a Feng Shui principle that is also applied by interior designers as a rule. Neutral colors in a kitchen have universal appeal.
- Stainless Steel Appliances: Stainless Steel is an industry standard and they can be found in brands from GE Profile to Miele.
- Green Appliances: Wine Coolers, trash compactors, and energy efficient dishwashers are in high demand now since they are environment friendly.
- LED Lights: These energy efficient lights are gaining in popularity since they do not require changing often, they are energy efficient, and can be applied to virtually any fixture.